Receptionist - Job Description
To ensure that visitors and clients are received in an excellent and professional manner and that the reception areas operate a high quality service at all times. The Manager will be required to work on the desk and be completely familiar with the different aspects and functions associated with the operation and to train any new joiners and temporary staff.
Reception Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that service levels are maintained to the highest degree and particular attention is paid to ensure that all guests receive the highest quality of service and attention.
- To manage room reservations ensuring that the bookings team are processing all enquiries accurately.
- A thorough knowledge of the computerised system is required to ensure correct procedures are always followed.
- Complete Daily Reception Control Schedule & Checklist
- Check random sample of reservation correspondence to ensure our systems and procedures are being properly maintained
- Check bedroom keys regularly and replace as required
- To monitor and provide statistical information of the types and categories of people visiting the hotel and usage of the conference rooms, providing such information to management on request.
- Recruitment, induction and training of receptionists and meeting room co-ordinators.
- Appraisals and performance management of staff, including monthly meetings.
- Leading, monitoring, motivating and inspiring the team; providing guidance and support.
- Review of existing standards and procedures while implementing new best practices to ensure a seamless delivery of Front of House Services.
- To take full ownership of the reception and all associated areas, making sure that they are kept in the best possible order at all times, liaising with cleaners, facilities, security and other departments as deemed necessary.
- On-going development of skills and knowledge for the FOH team.
- Produce, manage and operate the reception rota, checking future planned absences, planning cover and ensuring overtime is provided when necessary.
- Manage the implementation for any change or upgrade in software systems.
- Monitor budget and produce weekly/monthly reporting where applicable.
- Review the uniform requirements and source new suppliers if needed.
- Conducting annual appraisal process.
- Shift working will be required.
The successful candidate will:
- Speak fluent English
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong IT skills and have excellent communication skills
- Be well presented and highly professional
Please apply with your CV and cover note outlining your meaningful experience to: